This one pot meal packs a flavour punch with paprika and juicy tomatoes. Cod, like any white fish, is really low in calories, but high in protein. And as one of our members, Carla tells me, ‘If it swims, it slims!!’
This recipe is a really simple tray bake that’s low in calories, and can be eaten on its own or with an accompaniment such as rice or couscous, or as suggested a lovely crusty cob – just add the extra calories. It only takes 30 minutes so is perfect for a midweek meal.Print
Deliciously flavoursome one-pot fish dish
1 garlic clove, finely sliced
1 red chilli, finely sliced (optional)
300g baby plum tomatoes, halved
400g tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp smoked paprika
4 cod loin fillets (about 125g each)
small bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
lemon wedges to serve
crusty roll to serve
- Heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5.
- Put the garlic, chilli , tomatoes and chickpeas in a baking dish and add the olive oil and paprika.
- Toss together then roast for 10 minutes.
- Sit the cod on top, season, then put back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes or until the cod is cooked through and flakes easily.
- Scatter with parsley and serve with lemon wedges and crusty bread.
If you aren’t keen on spicy food, you can omit the chilli if you wish
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25
- Calories: 263