This delicious fruity salmon dish is busting with flavour and goodness. Salmon is an oily fish, so whilst it is higher in calories than white fish it is so good for us!! Oily fish such as salmon is full of brain boosting omega 3’s. Not only are omega 3 oils good for your brain health, they also help with depression, eye health, reduce inflammation in the body, improve heart disease risk and improve bone and joint health! It really is a super food, which is why we should try and incorporate a portion of oily fish into our diet each week.Print
Delicious Salmon dish
600g salmon, 4 fillets
3 tbsp. honey
3 tbsp. lime juice
3 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. olive oil
3 tbsp. ginger, grated
2 garlic cloves, crushed
250g pineapple, chopped
200g cucumber, chopped
1 lime, juiced
2 tbsp. honey
1/2 bunch of coriander leaves (or mint)
- Slice the skin off the salmon fillets and discard.
- Mix the ingredients of the marinade and coat the pieces of salmon. Place in a casserole and marinate
for about 1 hour.
- Cook the rice in lightly salted water, then spread on a large plate to cool.
- Drain the sweetcorn and add to the rice. Peel and cut the pineapple into small chunks and the cucumber into small cubes. Add to the salad bowl and season with a pinch of salt, lime juice and honey. Add coriander leaves (or mint) and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 410°F (210°C). Bake the marinated salmon for 18 minutes, until cooked throughout.
- Serve salmon with the prepared pineapple rice.
- Prep Time: 60
- Cook Time: 30
- Calories: 643