Experience the true taste of Arabia with this delicious cous cous salad. Perfect for lunches and dinners or even in a smaller portion as an accompaniment to some fish or lean meat.
It does take a little bit of effort to make this recipe, but it will be great to keep in the fridge and dish up for delicious summer time lunches or take to work, for a healthy lunch break.
Packed with fibre, vitamins and minerals, and traditional Arabic spices of cumin, garlic and chilli, this recipe will become a firm favourite any time of the year.Print
Tasty Arabian dish
1 small butternut squash or half a large
2 red onions
4 garlic cloves (don’t peel them)
1 green pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 tsp cumin seed
1 tsp chilli flakes
10 cherry tomatoes
1 tin of chickpeas, drained
175g wholewheat cous cous
1 stock cube
Salt and pepper to taste
1–2 lemons (rind and juice)
1tsp Olive oil
Large bunch of mint, finely chopped
100g feta cheese, cubed
- Spray all the vegetables and garlic with fry light and put them all, except the cherry tomatoes, in the oven, at 200 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes for the last ten minutes.
- Make up your couscous with boiling water and the stock cube.
- Once the vegetables have cooled mix together with the couscous and chickpeas.
- Make up a dressing with the lemon juice, rind and olive oil.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic out of its skin and thoroughly mix into the dressing.
- Add to the veggies and stir well.
- Top with the mint and feta.
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 50
- Calories: 380