Who doesn’t love an omelette? And Spanish Omelette has to be my favourite kind. The perfect combination of eggs for protein and potatoes for carbs and veg for fibre, makes a tasty lunch, dinner or snack, any time.
This recipe serves 2 as a meal, or you could cut into smaller slices for snacks.Print
Perfectly balanced meal or snack
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 small potato, peeled, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
½ small courgette, thinly sliced
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and sear the potato and onion over medium-high heat, for about 4 minutes.
- Next, add the courgette and sauté for another 4 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the vegetables from the pan into the bowl and mix well.
- Using the same pan, add the egg mixture on low heat and make sure everything is evenly distributed.
- After about 3 minutes, run a spatula through the outer edges of the tortilla to make sure it does not stick to the pan.
- After 8-10 minutes, flip the tortilla (this might take more or less, depending on heat, size and pan), using a plate over the pan. Slide the uncooked part back into the pan.
- After another 5-6 minutes, the tortilla should be cooked.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Calories: 377