Fancy channelling your inner Popeye? Then try this delicious Spinach Risotto. Bursting with flavour and deliciously creamy, yet coming in at less than 450 calories per portion.
Risotto is a great one pot dish, that’s perfect anytime of the year, and ready in around 30 minutes, so a great meal for any day of the week.Print
Deliciously creamy vegetarian risotto
1 onion, diced
1 ½ cup (300g) risotto
1.2l vegetable stock
225g spinach, frozen
2 tbsp. olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes until softened.
- Next add in the rice and cook for a further 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Now lower the heat and add in the vegetable stock 1 cup at a time, stirring frequently. Wait until all the stock has been almost absorbed into the rice before adding the next cup.
- Keep repeating the process for about 16-18 minutes, until rice is cooked.
- Stir in the spinach and cook until warmed through.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Season to taste with a little more salt and pepper if necessary and serve immediately
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Calories: 449