Our member Dianne raved about this recipe when she made it, and we have to admit it looks and sounds amazing, so we were so pleased when she submitted it to be added to the Be Strong recipe database.
A nice and spicy dish, packed with flavours or the Far East, it can be served with rice, noodles or couscous, just make sure you add the calories. If you want to keep calories low, konjac noodles would make a great accompaniment to this dish, whilst minimising your calorie intake.Print
Spicy, robust flavoursome dish
600g beef stir fry strips
1 tbsp Cornflour
15g piece of root ginger, peeled and grated
3 garlic cloves, peeled and grated
75ml soy sauce
2 tsp sriracha sauce or similar
100g granulated sweetener (Not fine powdered granules)
1 small bunch of spring onions, trimmed and sliced
1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
10g sesame seeds
1/4 red chilli, thinly sliced
Pinch of fresh coriander leaves
- Preheat oven to 160 deg C (140C/gas mark 3)
- Place the beef and cornflour into a bowl and mix well.
- Add the ginger, garlic, soy sauce, hot sauce, sweetener, spring onions, water and carrot to the beef.
- Mix well, then transfer to an ovenproof dish, cover with lid or foil and cook in the oven for 21/2 to 3 hours until the meat is tender and the sauce is thick and glossy.
- Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds, sliced red chilli and coriander leaves.
Dianne says she served with 50g basmati rice (these are additional calories)
She adds ‘This is a really scrummy dish but care is needed regarding type of sweetener. Fortunately, I realised my sweetener, whilst it says granulated on the container, it wasn’t sugar sized granules and so I put 10g in rather than 100g. Even then it was sweet so next time I will use 5g.’
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 150
- Calories: 250