Prawns are my go to food when I need to keep the calories under control, perfect for lunch or dinner, on a sandwich, with pasta, in a curry , the choices are endless.
This is another fabulous recipe from Dianne, and is one that I will definitely be trying as this recipe sounds fantastically tasty. A delicious combination of prawns, tomatoes, chilli and peppers. Packed full of flavour and lean on calories.Print
Delicious prawn pasta dish
3 red peppers, deseeded and quartered
1 red onion, peeled and quartered
3 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
2 tbsp olive oil
1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced
2 tbsp Fino sherry (I didn’t have this so left it out)
1 tsp red wine vinegar
400g tin chopped tomatoes
200g king prawns
20g flaked almonds, toasted (optional)
1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
10g basil leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200c/180c fan/Gas 6
- On a baking tray, toss the red peppers, red onion and garlic in 1 tbsp of olive oil. Roast for 40 mins then squeeze the garlic cloves out of their skins.
- Meanwhile, fry the green pepper slices in the rest of the olive oil for 5 minutes. Set aside in the pan.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions. Drain, then return to the pan.
- Blend the roasted vegetables to a paste with the sherry and red wine vinegar. Add to the green peppers along with the chopped tomatoes and the prawns. Cook on a medium heat until piping hot.
- Mix the spaghetti into the sauce, then top with the toasted flaked almonds, chilli flakes and basil leaves to serve.
If you haven’t toasted almonds before, keep them moving in the pan, no oil. Toss every now and again until they start to colour. They suddenly go, so keep an eye on them.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 40
- Calories: 462