Most of us love baking, whether that’s eating it, making it or perhaps a bit of both. If you are like me and end up eating most of what you bake, then you will benefit from adding these Banana Cocoa Squares to your baking repertoire. Only 73 calories each, and they make 12, so these are much less calories, than your usual bake. A perfect sweet treat.
Next time you fancy a bit of baking but don’t want to put a dint in your deficit. Try these delicious Banana Cocoa Squares.Print
Delicious low calorie bake, that doesn’t put a dint in your deficit!
2 large ripe bananas
1 large egg
4 tbsp Greek yoghurt
1 tsp Vanilla extract
2 tbsp Honey
60g Self-raising flour
60g Buckwheat flour (any other type of plain flour will do)
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
2 tbsp Cocoa powder
- Mash the bananas and mix together with other wet ingredients (egg, yogurt, vanilla and honey).
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour and add bicarbonate of soda, cocoa, salt and cinnamon.
- Fold the dry and wet ingredients together – take care not to over-mix.
- With your spoon turn the batter into a greased/lined (23x23cm, 9×9 inch) baking tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven at about 180C/Gas 4 for 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool before cutting it into 12 squares.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Calories: 73