You can’t beat fresh grilled fish on a summer’s evening, and this will simple recipe will take you right back to those Mediterranean harbour side restaurants you might have visited on your last holiday.
The zingy avocado and tomato salsa is an explosion of flavour in your mouth, and is the perfect accompaniment to the simplicity of the griddled fish.
At less than 400 calories, it will fit into anyone’s calorie budget, and for those in your household who can afford a few more calories, just add a couple more baby potatoes and a little more salsa.Print
Delicious Mediterranean style fish
1 ripe avocado
2 ripe plum tomatoes, each chopped into 6
1 small red onion, finely sliced
3 tbsp olive oil, plus some for drizzling
juice half a lemon or 1 lime
small bunch coriander, leaves only
4 x 140g/6oz fish fillets, such as Pacific cod or halibut, skin on
400g new or baby potatoes
- Cover the baby potatoes with water in a pan, and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, halve and stone the avocado and scoop the flesh into a bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients, except the fish, in with the avocado, then set aside.
- Heat a griddle pan until very hot. Season the fish with pepper, and salt if you want, then drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Griddle the fillets for 2-3 mins on each side until charred and cooked through.
- Serve with the avocado salad and potatoes.
You could use any fish for this recipe, whatever is in season and sustainable. Just adjust your calories accordingly. Remember Salmon is the most calorific because of it’s oily nature, so white fish is the best choice for those looking to keep their calories low.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Calories: 380