This Japanese inspired noodle dish, is packed full of the three F’s – fresh veg, flavour and fibre! It’s low fat and only 366 calories per serving, which makes it perfect for any lunch or dinner.
Japanese food is always super tasty and made with the freshest ingredients, and this recipe only takes 25 minutes from start to finish so is a great meal any day of the week! Why not substitute your usual weekend takeaway for this tasty Far Eastern treat?Print
Simple, tasty and full of flavour
1½ tbsp sesame oil
1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
70g baby corn, halved
2 baby pak choi, quartered
3 spring onions, sliced
1 large garlic clove, crushed
½ tbsp mild curry powder
4 tsp low-salt soy sauce
300g ready-to-cook udon noodles
1 tbsp pickled sushi ginger, chopped, plus 2 tbsp of the brine
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan or wok over a high heat.
- Add the onion and fry for 5 mins.
- Stir in the mangetout, corn, pak choi and spring onions and cook for 5 mins more.
- Add the garlic, curry powder and soy sauce, and cook for another minute.
- Add the udon noodles along with the ginger and reserved brine, and stir in 2-3 tbsp hot water until the noodles are heated through.
- Divide between bowls and serve.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Calories: 366