This delicious fresh pasta dish is like spring in a bowl, with fresh asparagus and peas, it is light and flavoursome.
So quick to make, it will make a really quick meal on a week night, or even a delicious lunch with friends at the weekend. At less than 400 calories, it’s a great addition to anyone’s mealtime repertoire.Print
Deliciously light and fresh vegan pasta dish
120g wholemeal spaghetti (dry weight)
160g asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into lengths
2 tbsp rapeseed oil
2 leeks (220g), cut into lengths, then thin strips
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely grated
160g frozen peas
1 lemon, zested and juiced, plus wedges to serve
- Boil the spaghetti for 12 mins until al dente, adding the asparagus for the last 3 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add the leeks and chilli and cook for 5 mins.
- Stir in the garlic, peas and lemon zest and juice and cook for a few mins more.
- Drain and add the pasta to the pan with ¼ mug of the pasta water and toss everything together until well mixed.
- Spoon into shallow bowls and serve with lemon wedges for squeezing over, if you like.
If you eat meat, I think this will taste great with a little bit of crispy pancetta or parma ham. One slice is approximately 30 calories, so doesn’t break the calorie budget either.
- Prep Time: 7
- Cook Time: 12
- Calories: 389