This dish is really light, and can feature in anyone’s meal plan, due to it only being 340 calories.
Fish is a good source of protein and usually quite low in calories, which is always a winner when we are reducing our calories, unless its battered and deep fried of course. Hake is a member of the cod family, but has a slightly smaller flake than cod, but is still a tasty addition to any meal.Print
Beautiful pan fried hake on deliciously sweet oven roasted sweet potato.
2 skinless and boneless Hake fillets
4 slices of proscuitto or 2 parma ham
1 large or two small sweet potatoes (around 400g)
Salt and pepper to taste
few squirts of spray oil – any type but I love coconut
ten cherry tomatoes on the vine
2 tablespoons frozen garden peas
- Peel and chop the sweet potato into chunks, spray with oil and roast in the oven for around 30 mins at 180/200 degrees centigrade
- Place tomatoes in an oven proof dish, spray with oil a couple of times and add to the oven for the last ten minutes of cooking time
- The hake takes ten minutes. Using a flat bottomed frying pan, turn heat to a medium. Shake the excess water off your fish and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Add a few squirts of spray oil to the frying pan and add your fish fillets frying on either side for five minutes. Add your proscuitto and allow to cook alongside your fish until it becomes crispy. Your pan needs to be hot, but take care not to burn. Leave your fish to cook in the spray oil, reducing the heat if necessary, turn and repeat. (don’t be tempted to keep poking at your fish as it will break up)
- Heat your garden peas.
- Place your cooked sweet potatoes in the centre of the plate. Top with prosciutto and then place the cooked fish on top. Serve with the cooked cherry tomatoes and garden peas.
- Drizzle with freshly squeezed lemon for extra flavour.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Calories: 340