High fibre, versatile recipe
1 medium courgette, cut into small chunks
1 medium carrot, cut into small chunks
1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
85g mushroom, quartered
handful cherry tomatoes (about 8)
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp dried chilli flakes
2 bone-in chicken thighs, skin on
½ small pack parsley or mint, roughly chopped
drizzle sweet chilli sauce (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the vegetables and garlic on a baking tray. Season well, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and mix until everything is coated.
- Sprinkle the spices and some seasoning over the chicken thighs, then rub into the skin and flesh.
- Spray oil over the skin and nestle the thighs among the veg.
- Roast in the oven for 25-30 mins until the vegetables are starting to crisp and the chicken is cooked through.
- About 10 mins before the chicken and vegetables are done, put the couscous in a bowl and just cover with boiling water, cover with cling film and set aside for 5 mins.
- Fork through the couscous to separate the grains then toss the vegetables and parsley or mint through the couscous, season, then transfer to a serving plate.
- Top with the chicken and drizzle over the sweet chilli sauce, if you like.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Calories: 403