This recipe makes a fantastic meal prep dish. So versatile as it can be eaten warm for lunch or dinner or saved and served cold in your lunch box the following day. Once cooked it will keep for 3 days in the fridge.
With your 5-a-day take care of in this dish, you can feel virtuous all day long, knowing that you are being the healthiest version of you!!Print
High fibre, versatile recipe
1 medium courgette, cut into small chunks
1 medium carrot, cut into small chunks
1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
85g mushroom, quartered
handful cherry tomatoes (about 8)
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp dried chilli flakes
2 bone-in chicken thighs, skin on
½ small pack parsley or mint, roughly chopped
drizzle sweet chilli sauce (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the vegetables and garlic on a baking tray. Season well, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and mix until everything is coated.
- Sprinkle the spices and some seasoning over the chicken thighs, then rub into the skin and flesh.
- Spray oil over the skin and nestle the thighs among the veg.
- Roast in the oven for 25-30 mins until the vegetables are starting to crisp and the chicken is cooked through.
- About 10 mins before the chicken and vegetables are done, put the couscous in a bowl and just cover with boiling water, cover with cling film and set aside for 5 mins.
- Fork through the couscous to separate the grains then toss the vegetables and parsley or mint through the couscous, season, then transfer to a serving plate.
- Top with the chicken and drizzle over the sweet chilli sauce, if you like.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Calories: 403