Meat free and low calorie!!
125g Dried Soya Mince (I use the one from Holland and Barrett)
160g Mushrooms (Chopped)
1 Medium Onion (Chopped)
248g Frozen Peppers
50g Tomato Puree
Small Can Heinz Sugar Free Beans
1 Can Kidney Beans
2 Cans Chopped Tomatoes
1 Piece of 100% Cocoa Chocolate (alternatively you can use Cocoa Powder)
10g Lazy Garlic
1 1/2 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
2 Teaspoons of Paprika
Sprinkle of Dried Chilli Flakes (Alternatively you can use Fresh Chillies)
2 Teaspoons of Ground Cumin
3 Teaspoons of Ground Coriander
1 Vegetable Stock Cube
300ml Boiled Water
Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Preheat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion until it begins to soften (5 minutes).
- Add the lazy garlic, coriander, cumin and paprika and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and frozen peppers and cook for a further 3-5 minutes (until slightly softer).
- Stir in the vegetable stock cube, tomato puree and chopped tomatoes and bring to a gentle simmer for 7-10 minutes.
- Add the kidney beans, heinz sugar free beans, soya mince, boiled water and allow it to cook for a further 5 minutes. Break the square of chocolate or add cocoa to bring more taste.
- Serve with rice, jacket potato or have in a quesadilla.
As this makes 8 portions, I freeze this mixture as part of my lunch meal prep.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25
- Calories: 177