This is a super low calorie chilli that can be used for lunches or dinners, on it’s own or paired with rice, wraps, small jacket potatoes or even on top of some tortilla chips, depending on how many calories you have spare.
Ideal for batch cooking and keeping in the freezer for a quick meal, it will stop you picking up the phone and ringing for take out when you are in a rush.Print
Meat free and low calorie!!
125g Dried Soya Mince (I use the one from Holland and Barrett)
160g Mushrooms (Chopped)
1 Medium Onion (Chopped)
248g Frozen Peppers
50g Tomato Puree
Small Can Heinz Sugar Free Beans
1 Can Kidney Beans
2 Cans Chopped Tomatoes
1 Piece of 100% Cocoa Chocolate (alternatively you can use Cocoa Powder)
10g Lazy Garlic
1 1/2 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
2 Teaspoons of Paprika
Sprinkle of Dried Chilli Flakes (Alternatively you can use Fresh Chillies)
2 Teaspoons of Ground Cumin
3 Teaspoons of Ground Coriander
1 Vegetable Stock Cube
300ml Boiled Water
Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Preheat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion until it begins to soften (5 minutes).
- Add the lazy garlic, coriander, cumin and paprika and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and frozen peppers and cook for a further 3-5 minutes (until slightly softer).
- Stir in the vegetable stock cube, tomato puree and chopped tomatoes and bring to a gentle simmer for 7-10 minutes.
- Add the kidney beans, heinz sugar free beans, soya mince, boiled water and allow it to cook for a further 5 minutes. Break the square of chocolate or add cocoa to bring more taste.
- Serve with rice, jacket potato or have in a quesadilla.
As this makes 8 portions, I freeze this mixture as part of my lunch meal prep.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25
- Calories: 177