Spicy family favourite
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves
1 pepper, chopped
500g lean beef mince
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
Quarter of a tube of tomato puree
Half a tin of kidney beans or other beans of your choosing (drained)
Dried cumin seeds
Sprinkle of chilli powder or chilli flakes
200g basmati rice
- 1 medium onion diced and fried in 10 sprays of one calorie oil until softened
- Add 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped finely and sliced pepper.
- Add 500g lean steak mince and brown it.
- Add the cumin seeds and fry them gently for a minute to release the flavour
- Add one tin of chopped tomatoes, quarter of a tube of tomato purée, teaspoon of dried basil, teaspoon of dried oregano and the beans.
- Next add a good sprinkle of chilli powder or chilli flakes. Stir then bring to a simmer, then just leave to bubble gently whilst the rice is cooking.
- Serve with 50g basmati rice per person, cooked to package instructions.
Vegetarians can use quorn mince instead of beef mince -353 calories per portion
Swapping beef mince for turkey mince – 403 calories per portion
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Calories: 423