Sweet yet spicy chicken dish
2 tbsp. coconut oil
8 skinless chicken thighs (skin off)
200g jasmine rice
4 spring onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, sliced
200ml white wine
500ml chicken stock
4 tbsp. dried cranberries
For the sauce:
3 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. of rice vinegar
1 tbsp. of peanut butter
1 tsp. of chili flakes
1 tsp. of honey
1 tsp. of sesame oil
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- In a large pan, heat the coconut oil.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and fry for 5 minutes each side until golden brown, then take off the heat and transfer onto a plate.
- Pour out most of the fat from the pan, leaving about 1 tbsp. in the pan.
- Add into the pan the peeled and sliced garlic and the spring onions. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add uncooked rice and fry again for about 1 minute. Pour in the wine and cook for a further 2 minutes until most of the liquid evaporates.
- Next, add all ingredients of hoisin sauce, hot stock, and cranberries, bring to a boil.
- Transfer the rice into an oven safe dish and place the chicken thighs in the center.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Once cooked, divide between plates and serve, or store in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
Serve with some wilted pakchoi for some extra fibre
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 50
- Calories: 336