Super treat food, without the cheat!!
1 tsp rapeseed oil
1 large onion, halved and sliced
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
200g chunk butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and diced
140g small button mushroom
125g brown basmati rice
700ml reduced-salt vegetable stock
10 pieces dried mushroom, chopped
2 tsp chopped fresh sage
small pack parsley, chopped, stalks and leaves separated
40g gorgonzola, crumbled
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan, add the onion and garlic, and fry for 5 mins.
- Tip in the squash and button mushrooms, and cook for a few mins more.
- Stir in the rice, then pour in the stock. Stir well, then add the dried mushroom, sage and parsley stalks.
- Cover and simmer over a low heat for 35-40 mins until the rice is tender – check towards the end of cooking and add a little water if the rice has absorbed all the stock. If there is a lot of liquid, uncover and cook for an additional 5-10 mins.
- Take off the heat, fold in the parsley leaves and cheese with some black pepper, then allow to stand for 5 mins before serving.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 50
- Calories: 422