Super tasty filling lunch or quick midweek meal.
4 small -medium sweet potatoes
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 ½ tsp cumin seeds
1 large onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
thumb-sized piece ginger, finely grated
1 green chilli, finely chopped
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp ground coriander
½ tsp turmeric
2 tbsp tikka masala paste
2 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
2 x 400g can chickpeas, drained
lemon wedges and coriander leaves, to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Prick the sweet potatoes all over with a fork, then put on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 45 mins or until tender when pierced with a knife.
- Meanwhile, melt the coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and fry for 1 min until fragrant, then add the onion and fry for 7-10 mins until softened.
- Put the garlic, ginger and green chilli into the pan, and cook for 2-3 mins. Add the spices and tikka masala paste and cook for a further 2 mins until fragrant, then tip in the tomatoes. Bring to a simmer, then tip in the chickpeas and cook for a further 20 mins until thickened. Season.
- Put the roasted sweet potatoes on four plates and cut open lengthways. Spoon over the chickpea curry and squeeze over the lemon wedges.
- Season, then scatter with coriander before serving.
Make sure you don’t go over board with your sweet potato, as you can easily add calories here. Try and pick a potato that fits in the palm of your hand to keep calories low.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 45
- Calories: 276