Roasted vegetable soup
4 pointy peppers (whichever colours you like)
4 large tomatoes, halved
1 onion, quartered
Whole small garlic bulb or half a large garlic bulb
1 tbsp olive oil
800ml vegetable stock
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp honey
- De-seed the peppers, leave them whole, just opened out. Place in a baking tray with the tomatoes, the onion and the garlic bulb (whole).
- Coat the whole lot with 1tbsp olive oil and roast for about 20 mins at 180C until softened and a bit charred.
- Take it out of the oven, and cover the whole thing with a baking tray for 5 mins. That way, it can cool and steam a little, then you can easily slip off the pepper skins and tomato skins. You don’t have to do this, but it stops the soup having black bits in it, and leaving them on can make it a little bitter.
- Lift out the garlic and put to one side.
- Next, slide all the roasted veg into a pan.
- Cut the very top off the roasted garlic and squeeze out the garlic as if it was toothpaste from a tube!
- Add the stock and the herbs and honey.
- Boil for about 5 mins, then use a stick blender to whizz it all up.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 35
- Calories: 150