Easy peasy risotto dish!
Low calorie spray
1/2 medium onion, peeled and finely diced
300g risotto rice
2 tsp white wine vinegar
2 veg or chicken stock cubes dissolved in 1 litre boiling water
150g frozen garden peas
4 spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
100g smoked salmon, sliced
Juice of 1 lemon
Ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180c (fan 160c/gas mark 4)
- Spray a casserole dish suitable for both hob and oven with low calorie spray
- Add the onion and saute over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add the rice to the dish or pan, stir and saute for another minute. Pour in the white wine vinegar and stock, stir and increase the heat. Bring to the boil then cover or transfer to an oven proof dish with a lid. Place in the oven.
- After 20 minutes, remove from the oven and stir in the peas, spring onions, salmon and lemon juice. Return to the oven for 5 more minutes.
- When cooked, season with salt and pepper and serve.
I didn’t have any white wine vinegar, so didn’t use it – and it was just as tasty.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Calories: 366