Deliciously zingy griddle chicken
2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 tsp dried oregano (optional)
1 garlic clove, crushed
pinch of cinnamon
1 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp 0% fat Greek yogurt
¼ red pepper, finely chopped
1 Little Gem lettuce, finely chopped
- Put the chicken in a bowl.
- Pare strips of zest from the lemon using a vegetable peeler, then juice the lemon too.
- Add the peel and half the juice to the chicken, along with the oregano (if using), garlic, cinnamon and oil.
- Mix well, cover and chill for an hour. The lemon juice will start to ‘cook’ the chicken, so don’t leave for longer.
- Heat the barbecue. If you are using coals, wait until they turn white. If you are indoors, heat a griddle pan.
- Thread the chicken strips onto a couple of metal skewers to stop them falling through the grate (you don’t need to do this for the griddle)
- Grill for a couple of mins each side. The strips will cook through quickly so don’t leave them too long. Season if you like.
- Warm the flatbreads on the edge of the barbecue (or on the griddle) for a minute, then transfer them to plates and spread each with ½ tbsp yogurt.
- Divide the chicken strips between them, then dot on the remaining yogurt and sprinkle over the pepper and lettuce. Fold or roll the flatbreads to eat.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 10
- Calories: 340