Delicious for breakfast or lunch, any time of the year, to transport you back to summer in an instant!
- 1/2 an avocado per person
- slice of granary or multiseed loaf per person
- handful of cherry tomatoes per person
- sprinkle of chilli flakes
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped (per avocado)
- teaspoon of lime or lemon juice (fresh or from a bottle from the baking aisle)
To make the smash
- Slice the avocado round the middle, separate and take the stone out.
- Remove the skin and cut into chunks.
- Finely chop the garlic clove
- In a bowl, mash the avocado and the garlic together
- Add your chilli flakes according to how spicy you like things (chilli flakes are more powerful than chilli powder, so go easy, you can always add more if you need to) and your lime or lemon juice and mix well.
On the grill
- Slice your cherry tomatoes in half and add them to the grill with your bread
- Take your toast and spread half of the avocado smash that you have prepared on it.
- Add your grilled tomatoes on top.
To make this even more incredible you can add a poached egg on top for an extra 70 calories.
If your calories allow, add extra toast or avocado, if you fancy it! Each slice of multiseed loaf is approx 135 calories and half an avocado is approx 80 calories.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 243