Be Strong Couch to Marathon Challenge
Rachel and Rick have both included running in their exercise routines. Running is a great way to exercise, its free, and our latest challenge could literally be a life changer for you.
We have put together a training programme to take you from the ‘couch’ in June 2017, to running a marathon in April 2018.
We can support you to achieve this massive goal – running for 26.2 miles and following in the footsteps of the Greek soldier who ran over 25 miles to Athens, from the battlefields near the town of Marathon, to announce victory over the Persian army in 409 BC.
You will need to prepare and plan like never before, eat to your eating plans, run every step of your training plan and separate this amazing goal from the thousands of other things going on in your life. You will need the total support and understanding of your family and friends.
Please be under no illusion that this is going to be nothing other than the toughest challenge you may ever accept. You will need courage, dedication, focus, determination, bravery, perseverance and conviction – most of all you will need to make sacrifices.
If this even mildly catches your interest, we would like you to ‘jump’. You will learn so much about yourself, and what your mind and body is capable of, along the way.
Do something different, or how can things ever possibly change for you?Rick Wilson
Our challenge finishes at the Manchester Marathon on April 8th 2018 – http://www.greatermanchestermarathon.com
To register your interest with Be Strong please complete the form at: https://goo.gl/forms/I4PRwCMmdZnVbOQH3
(This is not an application for the marathon – you will apply for your place in the marathon in Jan 2018)
Start planning for the Be Strong organised runs!
Key Dates: –
- 19/11/17 (6 miles) – Witton Park, Blackburn
- 17/12/17 (9 miles) – Canal Car Park, Harwood Rd (in the dip), Rishton, Lancs
- 14/1/18 (13.1 miles + medal) – Canal Car Park, Harwood Rd (in the dip), Rishton, Lancs
- 3/2/18 (Hyndburn parkrun) – Wilson’s Playing Fields, Clayton Le Moors
- 24th & 25th Feb 2018 (Blackpool Training Camp inc 18 mile run) – venue to be confirmed
- 11/03/18 (20 miles) – Canal Car Park, Harwood Rd (in the dip), Rishton, Lancs
- 18/3/18 (18 miles) – Canal Car Park, Harwood Rd (in the dip), Rishton, Lancs
- 25/03/18 (12 miles) – Canal Car Park, Harwood Rd (in the dip), Rishton, Lancs
- 1/4/18 (10 miles + buffet and certificates) – Canal Car Park, Harwood Rd (in the dip), Rishton, Lancs
- 8/4/18 – Manchester Marathon