A pasta dish, worthy of any Italian restaurant. Traditional Italian flavours of garlic, oregano, basil and tomatoes, with a decadent creamy texture.
This recipe uses oat cream substitute which can now be purchased from most supermarkets, in the vegan section, and is about 25% lower in calories than single cream.Print
Tasty pasta dish
350g chicken breast
1 tsp. wheat flour
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 small onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, sliced
6 sundried tomatoes, chopped
125ml plant-based oat cream (or reduced fat creme fraiche)
1 bag spinach
basil leaves, to garnish
300g mushrooms, sliced
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packaging.
- Chop the chicken fillet, season with salt and pepper and dredge with flour.
- Heat oil in a large pan and cook chicken over medium heat, then season with oregano.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the onion and sliced garlic.
- Next, add sliced mushrooms and cook for 5-7 minutes until soft and tender.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook for another minute.
- Place the cooked chicken back into the pan, and add in the cream and spinach.
- Bring to a boil and cook until spinach has wilted — season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta. Stir well and serve.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Calories: 385