A delicious recipe that can be enjoyed warm or cold, for lunch or dinner. High in protein and still economical in calories at 447. This meal is full of flavour to satisfy your taste buds as well as filling your tummy!Print
Super tasty meal that can be eaten warm or cold
300g cod fillets
1 tbsp. lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, crushed
½ tsp. turmeric
½ tsp. paprika
½ tsp. cumin
Pinch of saffron
2 tbsp. olive oil
100g of bulgur wheat
1 tomato, chopped
¼ onion, chopped
15 green olives, halved
3 sprigs of parsley, chopped
Lemon wedges, to serve
- Drizzle the cod fillets with lemon juice, then season with salt and pepper. Rub with the garlic, and the rest of the spices and coat with 1 tbsp. of oil. Leave for half an hour to marinade.
- Cook the bulgur in salted water (about 15 minutes) and once cooked, set aside.
- Place the chopped tomato in a salad bowl, add in the chopped onion, olives and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper, mix and set aside.
- Heat the pan, and fry the cod for about 3-4 minutes each side, until cooked throughout, then remove from the pan.
- Heat the cooked bulgur on the same pan, with the remaining juices, then divide between plates.
- Serve with the cod and top with the prepared tomato salad. Serve with lemon wedges.
Prep time includes the marinade time
- Prep Time: 35
- Cook Time: 25
- Calories: 447