I have to say this recipe is right up my street!! I think it makes the most amazing brunch but equally could be served up as a lunch or evening meal with maybe a light salad and a couple of new potatoes.
Again this is another recipe with a good amount of protein, to help keep you full until the next meal time.Print
A delicious meal any time of the day!
1 tsp. coconut oil
3 large eggs
5 tbsp. (70ml) milk
60g smoked salmon, cut into pieces
30g feta cheese (or brie, camembert), cubed
4–5 cherry tomatoes, halved
Dill, to serve
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Wash the asparagus, break off the hard ends then discard (they will break themselves in the right place). Cut the softer stalks diagonally to about ½ cm pieces.
- Boil in lightly salted water for about 2 minutes, then strain and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs with the milk, salt and pepper. Add asparagus, salmon and cubed cheese, mix everything well.
- Heat the oil in a pan (diameter of approx. 24cm) over medium heat, and pour in the egg mixture.
- Rearrange the toppings if necessary. Top with the halved cherry tomatoes (cut end up).
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook until the mass is set for about 5 minutes. Then place in the oven (without cover), and cook for another 6-10 minutes, until the mass sets.
- To serve sprinkle with fresh dill and season with freshly ground black pepper.
This will keep cooked in the fridge for a day or two, so would make a great addition to your work lunch bag.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Calories: 302