Continuing our Mexican theme from our last recipe, this slow cooked chicken fajita will knock your sombrero off!
Slow cooked anything is just divine in my book, and combining juicy slow cooked chicken with the amazing flavours of Mexico is right up my street.
What makes this recipe super-easy is the use of shop-bought salsa, taking all the hassle out of chopping and cooking your own.Print
Delicious slow cooked Mexican fave
680g chicken breast
1 large onion, sliced
2 bell pepper, sliced
450g jar salsa
Juice of 1 lime
Salt and pepper
- Add the chicken, onions, peppers, salsa, and salt to a slow cooker. Stir well to combine.
- Cook on a high heat setting for 4 hours or low heat setting for 6 hours, until the chicken and vegetables are tender.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken and place on a cutting board.
- Shred the chicken, with two forks and place back into the slow cooker.
- Add in the lime juice and mix everything well to combine.
- Season to taste, with salt and pepper.
Serve wrapped in soft tortilla wraps (approx 185 calories per wrap) with a little grated cheese (25g mature cheddar approx 100 calories) and a table spoon of 0% fat Greek yogurt or 0% fat natural yogurt (approx 60 calories) – just make sure you add your calories.
This would total 522 calories per complete meal
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 360
- Calories: 177