Protein pancakes are a great way to start the day, obviously high in protein to keep you feeling full, and so versatile as they can be served with anything, as long as you have the calories to spare!!
This recipe serves these with traditional syrup, however you could save some calories by using sugar free syrups, or increase your fibre by serving with some summer berries and a drizzle of honey, or what about the kids favourite, banana slices and chocolate sauce!
Whatever you serve yours with, just add the calories!Print
Delicious treat day breakfast!
1 cup (225g) cottage cheese
1 cup (80g) rolled oats
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. maple syrup
2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blitz together until smooth.
- Heat ¼ of the coconut oil in a large frying pan over low-medium heat, pour about ¼ cup of batter per pancake, and repeat until the pan is filled.
- Cook until you start to see bubbles form on the surface of the pancakes, about 1-2 minutes.
- Then, flip and cook for another minute or until golden brown on both sides.
- Repeat this process until all the batter has been used.
- Top the pancakes with your favorite toppings (see serving suggestions below).
Fruit: banana, strawberries, raspberries, pear, figs, cherries, pineapple, watermelon
Nuts: almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts
Sweeteners: powdered sugar, maple syrup or honey
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Calories: 298