Shakshuka is a North African and Middle Eastern dish, that is eaten for any meal time – breakfast, lunch or dinner. Made from straightforward simple, yet tasty ingredients, that aren’t just filling but also packed with nourishment too! You will most definitely be adding this to your regular menu.Print
Super tasty breakfast, lunch or dinner!
1 white onion, sliced
2 bell peppers, sliced
2 x 14 oz. (400g) cans chopped tomatoes
¼ cup (15g) parsley leaves, chopped
1 tbsp. olive oil
salt and pepper
- Heat the oil a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell peppers, stirring constantly, and cook, for 5 minutes or until the onion and pepper have softened.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook, stirring for a further 5 minutes.
- Use a spoon to make 4 large holes in the tomato mixture, then crack an egg into each hole. Reduce the heat to low, and partially cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Calories: 308