Avocado is one of my favourite foods, full of good fats and there’s just something really satiating about any meal with avocado in it!!
This simple, vegan feast is packed with flavour from chilli, garlic and lime. It’s also gluten-free and dairy-free, so practically perfect for everyone!
Serve it on crisp breads, or add some cooked and cooled rice for some extra carbs – just add the calories.Print
For the dressing
4 tbsp lime juice
7 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3-4 jalapeño peppers (or 1 red chilli), finely chopped, to taste
1 garlic clove, minced
pinch ground cumin
salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the salad
3 x 400g tins cooked black beans, drained
large handful chopped fresh coriander
4 medium tomatoes, chopped into wedges, seeds removed (or 16 cherry tomatoes, halved)
1 large red pepper, stalk and seeds removed, sliced into thin strips
1 red onion, thinly sliced
5 spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced (or 1 small red onion, thinly sliced)
200g/7oz fresh watercress, tough stems snipped into half
2 large ripe avocados, skin and seeds removed, cut into cubes
- Put all of the dressing ingredients in a jam jar, replace the lid and shake until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Add more chilli if desired.
- For the salad, rinse the black beans under cold running water and drain. Put in a large mixing bowl and pour over half of the dressing.
- Add the remaining salad ingredients, apart from the watercress and avocado and stir well to combine.
- To serve, divide the watercress among 4 serving plates. Spoon the salad on top, then cover with the avocado cubes. Drizzle a little more dressing over each portion.
Cover any leftover dressing in a layer of oil and store in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 30
- Category: Soups and Salads
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 549