Nothing says Spring quite like fresh asparagus, and I think this recipe will knock your socks off! Quick and simple, and deliciously decadent. I am sure this will be a favourite right through Spring and Summer.
Asparagus is a bit of a super food, rich in Vitamins A, C and K as well as folic acid and fibre and is also thought to have anti-inflammatory properties too!
Enjoy this delicious recipe on a sunny Spring evening, whilst you take in the last few rays of sunshine in the garden.Print
Super Springtime Pasta dish
2 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves , finely chopped
1 red chilli , finely chopped
250g asparagus , woody ends trimmed, cut into small pieces
1 lemon, zested and juiced
handful basil leaves
30g pine nuts, toasted in a dry pan
50g feta or vegetarian Greek style cheese, crumbled
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Tip in the pasta and cook for 1 min less than pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Stir in the garlic, chilli and a pinch of salt, and fry for 1 min until fragrant.
- Add the asparagus and lemon zest, and cook for 4-5 mins until the asparagus is just tender.
- Drain the pasta and tip into the asparagus pan.
- Add the lemon juice, stir through the basil, grind over some black pepper, then divide between bowls.
- Top with the toasted pine nuts and feta to serve.
If your calories allow and you aren’t vegetarian, you could add some slithers of smoked salmon or some crispy bacon pieces.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Calories: 532