Another fantastic member recipe, courtesy of the lovely Dianne!
Experience the true taste of South East Asia with this delicious curry – chilli, coconut and lemongrass, give it the characteristic Vietnamese flavours, which you will love. It will be a party in your mouth!! Enjoy!Print
Taste the orient with this amazing dish!
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp ground turmeric
2 tbsp mild curry powder
2 shallots (finely sliced)
4cm piece of fresh ginger (grated)
2 cloves garlic (finely sliced)
1 bird’s eye chilli (finely sliced) plus extra for garnish if you like heat
1 tbsp tomato puree
400ml reduced fat coconut milk
200ml stock (0.5 chicken stock cube)
2 tsp soft dark brown sugar
1 stick lemongrass (bashed) – optional
1 tbsp fish sauce
600g cod loin (cut into bite sized pieces) – use defrosted frozen fish for a cheaper version
250g prawns – king prawns are best – again frozen are cheaper
1 lime (half for the juice, remainder for wedges)
300g jasmine rice (dry weight – ie 50g each)
coriander for garnish
- Put the oil in a large pan over a high heat.
- Add the garlic, ginger and shallot and fry for 30 secs – 1 min until just starting to turn golden brown.
- Add the curry powder, turmeric and chilli, and stir-fry for 30 secs.
- Add the tomato purée, coconut milk, stock, sugar, lemongrass and fish sauce. Bring to the boil, then simmer until thickened.
- Add the cod and prawns, and bring back to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for 5 mins until the cod is cooked through and the prawns are pink (if started raw)
- Stir in the lime juice, garnish with coriander and serve with rice.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 25
- Calories: 376