This is a really versatile recipe, and so full of flavour. It can easily be changed up by adding some chunks of chicken breast, or strips of lean beef steak, or even some white fish or prawns – just add your calories.
I love pesto, and there’s nothing nicer than fresh pesto – it’s just delicious.Print
Delicious homemade pesto pasta
290g jar roasted red pepper , drained
Large handful flat-leaf parsley , plus a few chopped leaves to garnish
75g unsalted cashew
1 large garlic clove , roughly chopped
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
50g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated
- Cook the pasta following pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, put the peppers, parsley, nuts, garlic and olive oil in a small food processor or mini chopper, and whizz to a pesto consistency.
- Season and mix in the Parmesan.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan with the pesto.
- Stir and gently heat for 1 min, then sprinkle with a little more chopped parsley and serve.
Add chicken, prawns, chorizo, white fish or strips of lean steak to change this recipe up.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Calories: 278