Another quick dish, that is packed with flavour, sure to keep the monotony out of your mid-week menus. Smoky paprika, chilli and fennel combine to give this dish some real depth of flavour. Seafood is of course, the slimmer’s friends, so is perfect with pasta, to ensure a hearty meal that doesn’t break the calorie bank! Enjoy!Print
Quick and simple pasta
4 tbsp olive oil
4 garlic cloves , crushed
1 red chilli , deseeded and finely sliced
1 ½ tsp fennel seeds
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
2 tsp sugar
400g pack frozen mixed cooked seafood , defrosted
small bunch parsley or basil, chopped
- Boil the kettle and heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan. Add the garlic, chilli and fennel seeds, and sizzle for a few mins.
- Pour the boiling water into a large pan and cook the pasta following pack instructions
- Add the paprika, tomatoes, sugar and seasoning to the frying pan and simmer for 8-10 mins while the pasta cooks.
- Drain the pasta 1 min before the end of the cooking time, reserving a cup of the water.
- Add the pasta to the sauce, then add the seafood to heat through.
- Simmer for 1-2 mins, adding a splash of the reserved pasta water if it looks too thick.
- Toss the pasta through the sauce as it cooks. Add the herbs and black pepper, then serve
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Calories: 490