In the depths of winter we need a warming meal of an evening, after a busy day. This recipe does not disappoint – packed with flavour, the zestiness of the orange and the pure comfort of the sweet potato, you will love it! This will make a fabulous family weekend supper, high in protein and fibre, and only 364 calories.
This recipe takes a little bit more cooking effort than some of our bakes, but I guarantee it will be worth it!Print
Super healthy, super comfort food
700g sweet potatoes
3 small red onions, sliced
1½ tbsp olive oil
400g Chicken Breast
1 tsp Chicken Seasoning
150ml chicken stock
2 small oranges, juice
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1½ tbsp capers, drained
½ x 25g pack mint, leaves only, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC, gas mark 7. Thinly slice the sweet potatoes and tip into a large roasting tin with the onions.
- Toss with 1 tbsp olive oil and bake for 30-35 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Place the chicken fillets between two sheets of baking parchment and beat with a rolling pin to flatten.
- Sprinkle with the chicken seasoning and a little black pepper.
- Heat the remaining ½ tbsp oil in a frying pan and sear the chicken briefly on one side to colour.
- Turn the pieces over and fry for 1 minute, then arrange over the sweet potatoes.
- Return to the oven for a further 5 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and no pink meat remains.
- Add the stock, orange juice, garlic, capers and mint to the frying pan.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer the chicken and vegetables to serving plates and drizzle over the sauce.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 40
- Calories: 364