Who doesn’t like cake? And even better when you can eat it for breakfast!! Dianne recommends serving these delicious oaty muffins with some fat free natural yogurt and raspberries.
Oats are great for keeping your tummy full and blueberries have high amounts of vitamin C, perfect for cold and flu season, to keep your immune system healthy!! You can batch cook these then have them for breakfast or a snack all week… just don’t eat them all at once!!Print
Delicious oaty goodness
150ml semi skimmed milk
1 tbsn honey
1 tbsn maple syrup
1 tbsn vanilla essence
2 large eggs, beaten
250g porridge oats
3 ripe large bananas
Muffin or cupcake cases
- Heat oven to 180 degrees
- Mash the bananas until smooth.
- Add milk and mix.
- Add the maple syrup, honey and vanilla and mix
- Beat in the eggs
- Mix in the oats until thoroughly combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin cases (leaving a bit of space for the mix to rise, 1cm or so should do)
- Place in oven, middle shelf for around 20 mins. They should be golden in colour and spring back on a prod. Give extra time if needed.
- When cooked transfer to a cooling rack until cool
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Calories: 147