This recipe had me at cheesy….
It’s rare to get a cheese based recipe that comes in this low in calories, so it had to be added to the Be Strong recipe section. The trick is the cheese is paired with lots of low calorie ingredients like mushrooms and vegetables, and a strong flavoured cheese is used to really bring the flavour without the calories.
This will make a great meal in itself, or you could serve with a slice of garlic bread, or a small portion of pasta, if you wanted to get some extra carbs in, just add the calories. Or if you have the calories, you could also have it with some lean grilled meats.Print
Fabulous cheesy dish that doesn’t taste low calorie!
500g chestnut mushrooms, quartered
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
300g broccoli, broken into bite-sized florets
3 garlic cloves, crushed
¼ x 20g pack rosemary, leaves finely chopped
2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
60g parmigiano reggiano, finely grated (or vegetarian alternative)
15g unsalted butter
¼ x 25g pack flat leaf parsley, leaves roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C, gas mark 5.
- Put the mushrooms onto a large baking tray, toss with the olive oil, season and roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and pour off any liquid.
- Stir in the broccoli, garlic and rosemary plus most of the chilli and cheese, then dot over the butter; and season.
- Return the tray to the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes, until the mushrooms and broccoli are deeply golden and tender.
- Serve straight away, scattered with the parsley and remaining cheese and chilli.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 40
- Calories: 222