This is one of those fabulous quick prep dishes that takes 10 minutes and then the oven does the rest. Perfect for a chilly evening, it allows you to be getting on with your evening, while it cooks, then a delicious hearty meal is ready in just 50 minutes. The flavour is just delicious, and could easily be passed off as fancy restaurant fodder. This dish is all done in one pot too, so the washing up is reduced! Winner winner, chicken dinner!!Print
Change up your chicken dinner with this delicious alternative
2 tbsp olive oil
4 chicken thighs
450g chestnut mushrooms, quartered
1 large onion, finely sliced
400g charlotte potatoes, cut into slices
2 tsp Dijon mustard
300g Tenderstem broccoli, trimmed
2 tbsp single cream
handful flat leaf parsley, leaves roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C, gas mark 6.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat, season the chicken thighs and cook skin-side down for 5 minutes until just turning golden.
- Lift out of the pan and set aside.
- Using the residual oil in the pan, fry the mushrooms with a good grinding of black pepper for 4-5 minutes until golden, then set aside with the chicken.
- Finally, add the remaining 1 tbsp oil to the pan and fry the onion and potatoes for 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the cider and mustard and simmer for a further 2-3 minutes, then tip into a medium- large ovenproof dish (about 2 litres in volume).
- Top with the mushrooms and chicken and bake for 30 minutes.
- Just before the chicken is ready, steam the broccoli.
- Take the chicken out of the oven, ensuring it is fully cooked with no pink meat and the juices run clear.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate then stir the cream and parsley through the sauce.
- Season and serve with the steamed broccoli.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 50
- Calories: 362