Who doesn’t love a pasta bake, especially on those gloomy Autumnal nights. Pasta bake is a great family meal, and you can always make more than you need so that you can refrigerate or freeze to allow you to reheat for lunches or dinners later in the week.
Packed with flavour, fibre, protein and carbs, it’s the perfect balanced meal.Print
Perfect pasta bake!
2 Cans of Tuna in Spring Water (Drained)
450g (Dried) Pasta
320g Mixed Frozen Vegetables
50g Tomato Puree
400g Chopped Tomatoes
150g Low Fat Cheese
Sprinkle of Italian Seasoning
Sprinkle of Garlic Powder
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
- Heat the mixed vegetables in the microwave with a little bit of water until they are defrosted.
- In a large mixing bowl, empty the tuna, mixed vegetables, passata, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and mushrooms until they are combined.
- Season the tuna mixture with Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and garlic to your taste.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it and add the pasta to the mixture.
- When combined, put the mixture into a overproof dish (I split it into 2)
- Top with the low fat cheese. (I prefer to grate it so it goes further)
- Put into the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling.
This freezes really well, so can be used as part of my meal prep for work lunches
- Prep Time: 2
- Cook Time: 20
- Calories: 365