This chicken curry recipe is bulked up with lots of vegetables to pack it with fibre, vitamins and minerals and of course keep the calories low. Packed with flavour this will make a great go to emergency lunch or evening meal. This recipe is ideal for batch cooking as it makes six portions, which can be popped in the fridge or freezer for meals later in the week, either with rice or on it’s own.
At 170 calories a portion this is super low in calories, giving you plenty of scope for a portion of light fluffy basmati rice, a small naan or chapatti to accompany it (just remember to add your calories)!Print
Healthy chicken and vegetable curry recipe
1 large onion, chopped
1 tbsp chopped ginger chopped
1 red chilli, diced
1/2 tbsp ground coriander
1/2 tbsp ground cumin
1/2 tbsp medium curry powder
2 red peppers, seeded and diced
4 skinless chicken breasts, diced
1 small cauliflower, cut into florets
400g tin chopped tomatoes
200g baby spinach
- Blend the onion, ginger and chilli with a splash of water in a small blender.
- Tip into a pan, and bring to a simmer.
- Add the spices with a pinch of salt, cook for a minute, then add the peppers, chicken and cauliflower.
- Stir the veg and chicken so that it is coated in the spice paste and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, half-fill the tin with water and tip into the pan.
- Simmer for 25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Cook for another few minutes if the sauce is too thin, then stir through the spinach until wilted.
- Season, and serve in bowls.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 35
- Calories: 170