I love Tuna Steak, but very rarely have it, however I have noticed it has got a little cheaper lately, and you can buy it in multipacks in the freezer aisle. Tuna is almost half the calories of beef steak, so makes a great alternative to your regular steak night.
These tuna kebabs are really tasty, coated in the traditional Moroccan Harissa spice packed with a lovely smokey chilli flavour. The grains come ready made, so all you have to do it warm them up and stir through your extra flavourings to give the whole dish some real zing.
The kebabs could be cooked on the griddle, grill or on the barbecue, so make a really tasty meal anytime of the year.Print
Spicy fish kebabs
2 tuna steaks (about 250g in total), cut into 3cm chunks
1 tbsp rose or regular harissa, plus extra to serve
1 large lemon, juiced
250g pouch of ready to serve mixed grains – which ever ones you want
1/2 tsp cumin seeds, toasted and lightly crushed
3 spring onions, finely chopped
1/4 cucumber, diced small
a small handful of roughly chopped mint
a small handful of roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
4 tbsp natural yogurt
- Soak 4 wooden skewers in water.
- Toss the tuna chunks with the harissa and 1 tbsp of the lemon juice, and leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat the grains following pack instructions, then toss with the cumin, spring onions, some seasoning and 2-3 more tbsp of the lemon juice, depending on how zingy you like it.
- Thread the tuna chunks on 4 skewers. Heat a grill pan to hot then grill the skewers for 1 minute on each side (or cook under a hot grill).
- Toss the cucumber and herbs through the grains. Serve with the tuna skewers with the yogurt swirled with a little more harissa on the side.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Calories: 451