This delicious creamy chicken dish is pure luxury. It is quite high in calories, but could easily fit into a 5pm plan day or have it as a treat on Weekender. Or you could reduce the calories by having less potatoes.
Tarragon and Mustard are strong flavours, so if you have never tried this kind of sauce before, you may want to use a little less, just so it doesn’t over power your palate.Print
Delicious creamy chicken dish
360g new potatoes
100g green beans
100g asparagus tips (or other green veg)
2 Chicken breasts
1 clove of garlic
60g of mushrooms thinly sliced
Olive oil – splash
250g low fat creme fraiche
1tsp Dijon or wholegrain mustard
half a bunch of fresh tarragon
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees
- Chop potatoes into bite-sized pieces (keep skin on if you want). Top and tail the green beans and trim woody bits from asparagus.
- Pull the tarragon leaves from the stalks and discard the stalks. Finely chop the leaves.
- Finely chop the garlic
- Spray the potatoes with Frylight, season with salt and pepper and place on a baking tray – put in the oven to roast.
- Slice the chicken breasts in to 1cm wide strips
- Heat a spash of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan on a medium -high heat. Add garlic and fry for a minute.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to the frying pan and cook for around 4 minutes each side (check no pink bits left). Add mushrooms, cook for a minute. Remove pan from heat.
- Start to cook your veges – steaming is best – 3 minutes roughly
- Check your potatoes are ok – turn off if cooked and browned.
- Place frying pan back on the heat (low-medium) Add the Creme Fraiche, a splash of water, mustard and tarragon leaves and stir – dont let it stick- wait til it bubbles gently and becomes the consistency of double cream, then remove from the heat.
- Serve side by side on a plate and spoon the remaining sauce over the chicken.
- Calories: 632