Be Strong takes the first tentative steps back from Covid-19 to help support its members to transform their lives
Like many organisations, we’ve had to completely adapt to the recent restrictions brought about by the Coronavirus pandemic. We made an early decision to solely concentrate on doing as much as is practically possible to support our members to eat, move and live better, whilst always totally adhering to the restrictions in place.
We’re really proud of what we achieved, and we’re now ready to safely build on that, by offering an additional layer of support.
After submitting a comprehensive Covid-19 risk assessment, Hyndburn Borough Council’s Environmental Health Dept have given permission for us to hold a weekly weighing session at our Great Harwood base!
Starting from Wednesday 1st July 2020
Every Wed – 4pm to 18:45pm at Be Strong HQ, Unit 4, Alan Ramsbottom Way, Great Harwood BB6 7UR.
When you drive on to Alan Ramsbottom Way, you will immediately be presented with a right hand bend. We’re the very first unit on the right, straight after the bend! There is ample free parking.
The Be Strong van will be outside and the sign above the unit is ‘Milly’s Smiles’.
Social distancing precautions have been introduced: –
- There is an appointments system in place to prevent everybody arriving at once
- We will take your temperature before entering the building using an infra red thermometer. It will not come into contact with your skin
- A one way system has been introduced with physical separation barriers
- Hand sanitising stations and hand washing facilities are in place
- Be Strong crew on the weighing station will maintain a 2 metre distance and wear a medically approved visor
- Please do not attend if you are displaying any symptoms of coronavirus
There will be no group meeting and no exercise at the session. However, we should get an opportunity to speak to you in a secure bubble area which holds no more than 5 people with a 2 metre distance between each individual.