If you fancy a delicious cooked breakfast, but are low on calories, then this is the answer. Because there is no meat in this recipe, it saves massive amounts of calories, but the eggs and field mushrooms, still give you that cooked breakfast feel – perfect for vegetarians too.
I love a cooked breakfast but can’t always justify the calories, for the sausages and bacon, this is perfect for anyone, no matter what their calorie allowance at just 127 calories a portion, and because it’s all cooked in the dish it is served in, it saves on the washing up!! Just bake and enjoy!!Print
Delicious cooked breakfast for veggies and meat eaters alike
4 large field mushrooms
8 tomatoes, halved
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
2 tsp olive oil
200g bag spinach
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Put the mushrooms and tomatoes into 4 ovenproof dishes.
- Divide garlic between the dishes, drizzle over the oil and some seasoning, then bake for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, put the spinach into a large colander, then pour over a kettle of boiling water to wilt it.
- Squeeze out any excess water, then add the spinach to the dishes.
- Make a little gap between the vegetables and crack an egg into each dish.
- Return to the oven and cook for a further 8-10 mins or until the egg is cooked to your liking.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Calories: 127