Luxurious spring pasta dish, that doesn’t feel like low calorie food.
75g young broad beans (use frozen if you can’t get fresh)
2 x 100g pack asparagus tips
170g peas (use frozen if you can’t get fresh)
350g spaghetti or tagliatelle
175g pack baby leeks, trimmed and sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
200ml tub 50%fat creme fraiche
handful fresh chopped herbs (we used mint, parsley and chives)
parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), just a few shavings to serve
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and put a steamer (or colander) over the water.
- Steam the beans, asparagus and peas until just tender, then set aside. Boil the pasta following pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, fry the leeks gently in the oil and butter for 5 mins or until soft.
- Add the creme fraiche to the leeks and very gently warm through, stirring constantly to ensure it doesn’t split.
- Add the herbs and steamed vegetables with a splash of pasta water to loosen.
- Drain the pasta and stir into the sauce.
- Adjust the seasoning, then serve scattered with a few shavings of Parmesan cheese.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Calories: 396