This quick and simple summer pasta dish comes in at under 400 calories per person. Fresh, creamy flavours, and it looks as delicious as it tastes. You won’t feel like you are eating diet food, when you are eating this, because is even has the luxury of Parmesan shavings! It really is heaven on a plate!!
Packed with fibre and protein from the broad beans and peas, this dish will most definitely fill you up, whether its for lunch or dinner.Print
Luxurious spring pasta dish, that doesn’t feel like low calorie food.
75g young broad beans (use frozen if you can’t get fresh)
2 x 100g pack asparagus tips
170g peas (use frozen if you can’t get fresh)
350g spaghetti or tagliatelle
175g pack baby leeks, trimmed and sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
200ml tub 50%fat creme fraiche
handful fresh chopped herbs (we used mint, parsley and chives)
parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), just a few shavings to serve
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and put a steamer (or colander) over the water.
- Steam the beans, asparagus and peas until just tender, then set aside. Boil the pasta following pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, fry the leeks gently in the oil and butter for 5 mins or until soft.
- Add the creme fraiche to the leeks and very gently warm through, stirring constantly to ensure it doesn’t split.
- Add the herbs and steamed vegetables with a splash of pasta water to loosen.
- Drain the pasta and stir into the sauce.
- Adjust the seasoning, then serve scattered with a few shavings of Parmesan cheese.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Calories: 396