Quick and simple Caribbean food!
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 onion, finely sliced
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into thick strips
1–2 tbsp jerk seasoning
1 green chilli, deseeded and sliced (optional)
2 large garlic cloves, crushed
2 x 250g pouches microwave basmati rice, cooked
400g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 lime, zested and juiced, plus wedges to serve
3 spring onions, finely sliced
½ small bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish over a medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and a pinch of salt and fry for 5-6 mins.
- Add the chicken and fry for a further 7-8 mins.
- Stir in the jerk seasoning, chilli, if using, and garlic, and cook for 1 min.
- Stir in the rice, beans and lime zest and juice. Cook until heated through.
- Scatter over the spring onions, coriander and serve with the extra lime wedges.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Calories: 411