This recipe comes from our digital member Shirley. She posted it on social media and it instantly made me want to try it! It looked so tasty and so easy! And at 340 calories, it is perfect for everyone. It’s totally balanced with lots of carbohydrates, protein and fibre.
I had never thought of using pasta sauces to cook other foods in, as this recipe suggests, and I think it is a brilliant idea, and this will make a delicious, hearty meal perfect for any day of the week.Print
Perfectly poached haddock on a bed of delicious spicy lentils
Lloyd Grossman Tomato & Chilli Sauce (175ml)
30g dried green Lentils
1 carrot, finely chopped
80g Kale, steamed
110g Hake Fillet (or any other chunky white fish)
- Empty the sauce into a pan and add the dried lentils and finely chopped carrot.
- Heat over a medium heat, keeping an eye on the liquid.
- If the sauce starts to look dry, keep adding hot water from the kettle from time to time until the lentils are cooked (should take about 20-30 minutes) and the sauce is a consistency that you like.
- When you are satisfied the lentils are ready, add the hake to the pan and cover with the pan lid, to steam through.
- In a separate pan, steam the kale for a few minutes until it goes that lovely rich green colour.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe serves 1, but it could be extended by doubling the dry ingredients, and adding more water when cooking the lentils. You could add a little tomato paste and some chilli flakes to make sure you don’t dilute the delicious flavour of the sauce.
- Calories: 340